Corned Beef and Cabbage - Instant Pot - 2022
Recipe courtesy of Ron Wozny
- 6 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, quartered
- 2-4 lb Corned Beef Brisket, rinsed (with the spice packet). You may need to cut in half.
- 1 12-ounce bottle Guinness Beer, or other Stout
- 2-3 cups liquid - Water and/or Beef Broth (2 for a small brisket, and 3 for a larger one)
- 3 medium Carrots, cut in 3" pieces
- 2 medium Potatoes, cut into fourths or sixths
- 1 small head Cabbage, cut in fourths or sixths
- Add the garlic and onion to the pot, then place the brisket in the pot on top on the onions.
- Sprinkle spice packet over and around the brisket.
- Pour the beer, and water (or broth) in the pot, trying not to wash off all of the spices from the meat.
- Place the lid on the pot and lock in place. Set the steam release knob to sealing.
- Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button, or dial, and then the +/- button or dial to 90 minutes, and make sure it is set to High pressure.
- When cooking cycle is finished, turn off the pot and let it sit undisturbed for 15 minutes (15 minute natural release). Then manually release the remaining steam (slowly at first, in short bursts so you know only steam will spew from the knob) until the pin in the lid drops down. Then open the lid and use tongs to carefully remove the meat to a dish, spoon some of the hot cooking liquid over it and cover to let it rest.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and cabbage to the pot and close the lid, set it to sealing, and set the cook time for 3 minutes. Do a controlled Quick Release when the cook cycle is finished (slowly at first, in short bursts so you know only steam will spew from the knob).
- Slice the brisket against the grain for the most tender and easy to eat meat. Then place the meat and vegetables in a dish with enough cooking liquid poured over to make it nice and juicy.
- Serve with some crusty bread to sop up that wonderful broth!